Friday, April 6, 2012

April 6, 2012

I had given up. It wouldn't be the first time I'd read a whole, entire book for one single useful nugget, but it seemed that I had already gotten all of the good out of this one, and the rest was going to be a drag. It is a book of daily readings, and this is either the second or third year that I have tried to read it. According to my page turn-downs I must have a rhythm --- stopping and then picking it up again at the same point. Last year though, I let it go sometime in February and never picked it up again. I'm tired of it being on my do list, so useless or not, decided to finish it.

All of which brings us to April 4.

Making Amends.

Too potent to be summed up in a sentence, I had to save the whole essay in Evernote. So yes, I'm glad I didn't give up on the book.

Hotel and flight are booked for Iowa, I had a rare geese sighting yesterday, the recent rains have turned everything green, the pecans are almost in full bloom (bloom? What do you call it when a tree's leaf buds have almost all fully opened?), and a chameleon tried to hitch a ride to town --- on my windshield. 

But other than that, things have been about the same. :-)

I hope that you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Big loves,
Vickie

P.S. Evernote will let you post to Facebook now, so I'll put the essay there  --- you can tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment