I did learn something this week. I'd call it "Three Letters," but I'm saving it for our Girl Journal. (Partly so I'll make sure I have something, and partly because I haven't thought it through completely.) ;-)
Airline and hotel are booked, so Iowa is a done deal. Something --- and I'm thinking maybe it is this --- has me a little off my game, distracted. Excited and scared, by turns. When Barry and I travel together, I am forever double checking him, to make sure he is steering us to the right airline gate, or has the tickets out, or knows which seat is ours. You'd think that, since I think I'm so smart, I wouldn't have any qualms about travelling alone, but I do. Plus which, I never worry when I'm in the plane because I know he would take care of me.
I have my first assignment: Describe a work place. When I first read the e-mail, I read "Describe your work place." I can still do that, I suppose, but "Describe a work place," has had an interesting side effect. At the small, locally-owned nursery, filled with locally-grown plants; at the big box garden center; at the pawn shop --- I found myself scanning for details. "If this were my work place, how would I describe it?"
Barry goes back to the doctor on Monday, for the results of the MRI they did on his back. I've stopped going to all of his doctors appointments with him, but I think I'll go to that one, just in case he misses something.
But other than that, things here are trundling along about the same.
As always, you and yours are in my heart and prayers.
Big loves,
Vickie
No comments:
Post a Comment