Lordy loo! What a week. Or two. I've lost track. What did we do?
The firstest and most importantest thing that I want to do is celebrate Little Miss Chole and her fantabulous scholarship. I am just over the moon that the kabillion wise choices she made between Point A and Point B have been recognized and rewarded in this way. I would have been slightly more excited if she had applied for scholarships at the University of South Alabama, but I think the earth's axis has had about enough shaking about for one year, and it wise that my excitement was somewhat contained.
And, I did it. It seemed like a better idea before I started doing the homework --- before I saw what other people have done --- before I was reminded that I have never written a decent piece of fiction --- and I've only registered for the class. I haven't booked the flight or motel, so I suppose I could still turn and run. I may hate it. I may shrink when I see myself in comparison. I may be in a group with someone who thinks I'm a bother in the class. The teacher may wonder what in the ever-loving world to do with me. But, Barry is encouraging me. Wonderland is set up enough that I can go. The economy is such that they are inviting even novice writers. I have the sneaking suspicion that if I don't go now, I probably never will. I'd kind of like to quench that yearning that rises up when I read about a writing seminar. Iowa.
Ran into a little kitterplunk at work this week. Our office manager handled it with apolomb though, to my immense relief. So, that was a, 'Yay!"
Last night's rainstorm woke me up, and either it or something else gave me a upsetting dream. I missed a couple of hours of sleep last night. But, the roses seem to have appreciated the rain, so I'm calling that a draw.
I think you are right about "Boundaries." It may very well be a lifetime companion book. This time, I am writing my thoughts on the card...not for any particular reason other than writing seems to be the way I think things through and give my conclusions a chance for permanence. Which reminds me. One of this week's notes had to do with "being responsible TO others and FOR ourselves." I couldn't quite get that to make complete sense, so I take it that I need to go back to page 33 and read what came before and what came after.
I didn't forget about you on Thursday. I read your blog before I started my letter, and by the time I'd chipped in my two cents worth there, my writing time was up. ;-)
And so, my love-er-ly friend, I hope you and yours have a wonderful, happy weekend.
Big loves,
Vickie
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! You took the first step! The scariest, most tumultous, insecurity filled first step! And I am so proud of my girl! In no way shape or form should you feel any of those things. You are a fantastically gifted writer, and I'm so excited that little bit by wonderful little bit you are sharing that with more and more people. I love you :)
ReplyDelete